September 10, 2008

August & September Workshop Projects

Hello again. Meant to post this last night but didn't get around to it. I did get a new card made last night, but it's one I can't share till it is received. So for now, I'm going to share the projects that my club members made this past Sunday, and the other half of the group made back in August.



We made this Scallop Cupcake card. I kind of followed the layout of a card from the new catalog. I wanted to show how to use punched circles to create a scalloped border along a curve or circle. I also showed how to cut a slit in the middle of the card front to tie the ribbon through. Stamps used were from the Big Bold Birthday set. Colors are Riding Hood Red, So Saffron, Baja Breeze, Tangerine Tango (cupcake frosting), Chocolate Chip (cupcake base and greeting).
This was a fun card to make.


And then we made this "Box in a Bag" There are samples of this all over Splitcoast, but I found my directions here by Stampin' With Di. You basically make a small, square box bottome and then tape the paper of the bag around the box base, and then tape a scalloped border (which is now so very easy with the new SU Scallop Edge punch) around the bottom. You are supposed to use the Round Tab punch to make the tabs to tie the bag together, but since I don't have that punch, I substituded a scallop circle punch-out folded in half. Typically these are made using the double-sided designer paper, but I can't use that for my groups because of the large quantity needed, so I improvised and we made out own designer paper using whisper white card stock and a stampin' wheel. The wheel we used was Forever Flowers, and the "wreath" stamp is from the Together Forever set, and the initial is from the Lovely Letters set.



And our third project was this card, using the "ghosting technique". I CASED this entire layout from a sample in the Stampin' Success magazine that I receive as a Stampin' Up Demonstrator. I loved everything about it and new I had to do it. The ghosting technique is where you brayer ink on vellum cardstock, then use a clean, dry stamp and stamp on th wet ink which will take ink OFF the vellum, leaving a sort of "negative" image. I thought it almost looked like a pressed leaf used with ink, like we did as kids in school. I had just received this stamp set, Wonderful You, and the matching jumbo wheel, so it worked out perfect. All of my club members seemed to really love it, and I made several of these cards as thank you cards for my personal use. I think its one of my favorite cards I've ever made.

I used Bashful Blue for the card base, Chocolate Chip and Old Olive cardstock and ink, and cardstock vellum, as well as whisper white to adhere the three pieces to so there would be white behind the inked vellum, made the color pop much nicer than against the blue. That also allowed me to pop it up on dimensionals. The ribbon is the Chocolate Chip taffeta.

If by chance you are reading my blog and are not one of my customers, and have any questions about any of the creations I share, please feel free to contact me and I'll answer your question as best I can. I know I don't always explain things as well as I should or could.


Thanks again for visiting, and hope you have a blessed and safe week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They look even better in real life. Glad to see you are getting more and more on here :)
Rannah