April 10, 2008

Name Frame & Matching Card

Hi everyone. Ughhh, what a week! I haven't had time for anything. Work has been crazy, and every night this week I've had something to go to or do. And I've been extremely tired this week for some reason, I seem to be getting enough sleep but still feel tired all the time.

And I still have no working camera. I have some new cards that I'm dying to post but can't. I think I've found some money out of my budget to buy a camera, but now I just need to figure out which one to buy. I want to get the most for what money I have to spend. But anyway....


This is something I made a couple weeks ago but didn't want to post until it was received. This was part of a gift for our god-daughter Hannah. I thought it turned out very sweet, and almost hated to part with it. I can't help but acknowledge that the name is stamped very crookedly though. It shows up even more in the picture than in person. Other than that, isn't it just precious though? I was tickled with it!


I used the (retired) SU Letterpress Alphabet and the SU set Unfrogetable
I colored in the snail and the frog with ink and an aquapainter - then punched them out with the 1 3/8" circle punch and then layered onto Regal Rose card stock punched out with the Scallop Circle Punch. I glued "google eyes" on both critters. I also used the new SU Boho Blossoms punch for my flower accents. Then on two of the flowers I used some crystal flowers from my stash and on four other flowers I used Making Memories brads (round and flower shaped) that I coated with glue and pink Fun Flock, to make flocked brads. I got the idea from this post on Taylor's blog.


The background paper was from an assortment I got on clearance from a local store but I can't remember the manufacturer's name. And the ribbon is celery dotted grosgrain that I bought a while back at Michaels. The frame is from Walmart and I love using this size to do my name frames.
And I made the card to match. I had actually made a card like this before, in fact we did it at one of the workshops I gave last summer so some of you will recognize it. The only thing I changed was that I used the Boho Blossom Punch flowers instead of the circles I originally used for the background of the card. I just punched out flowers with Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Old Olive, Certainly Celery and Whisper White and glued them onto the card base.
The little "matchbook" opens up to read "hoppy birthday" inside.

I hope I explained everything well enough, if not I apologize. It was board meeting night for me and I didn't get home till after 9:00, had some dinner and was going to go to bed but wanted to come and post something "fun" here before I lose you all for good. Hopefully I will get a camera SOON. Wish me luck and please share any advice you might have regarding a good but inexpensive camera to purchase.


Tomorrow is TGIF!! And I will be very glad to end this week!! Hope you all have a wonderful Friday and a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, the frame sure did turn out awesome! I love it.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I also really liked the frame. Looks nice and clean.