April 1, 2008

Flower Fusion - Inspired by Kathy

Hello there. I hope you all are having a better day than I am. Yesterday was definitely a *Monday*, but then today felt even more like one!! Ughhh. Rude people annoy me. I take a lot of complaint calls as part of my job, and I realize that most of the people that call do have legitimate complaints (even though there is usually an explanation that they don't want to hear), and the majority of people are courteous and polite but then there are those that are not, and today was a day full of those. It's just so draining. And that was on top of other problems at work and the other source of stress in my life right now....the "brother issues"....so it was not a good day at all. There's no time to stamp tonight and I'm not really in the mood, but if I could it would probably cheer me up some. But instead I will probably watch American Idol and then go to bed. Tomorrow has got to be better. I hope!

Anyway, I have a card to share that I made over the weekend. I've had the Flower Fusion felt flowers from Stampin' Up for several weeks now and have been wanting to use them, but just didn't know for what. I love the colors that they come in (Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive), but they aren't colors that I use a lot. They are just so gorgeous that I'm almost afraid to use them up too quick, but there are quite a few of each shape and size, so I went ahead and used a bunch on this card.

I ended up copying a layout of a card my sister made and sent to my mom last summer. I've had it sitting on my shelf and have been wanting to use the layout and it worked great for this card. I had to take a pic of her card so you can see how I used the layout but yet changed it up a bit. And once again, I used no stamps on this card. The sentiment "just because" is from the SAB rub-ons. I used Rose Red, Old Olive and Basic Black card stock and a piece of the Summer Picnic designer paper from the Occassions mini. (that my sister generously shared with me) For the flower centers, I used a pink and orange rhinestone brad from the SU Fire Circle collection and the clear one I had on hand from Making Memories I think. The rose and pumpkin flowers are just attached to the card with the brads and the olive flower is popped up on a foam square. I do have one complaint about the felt flowers - they were really hard to adhere. I tried just glueing them to the card stock (I was planning to put self-stick rhinestones in the centers) but I could not get any glue or tape to hold them to the paper, so I guess they really are meant to be attached with a brad or eyelet. The foam tape square is holding the olive one pretty well though. The ribbon was given to me by my sister, and is the same kind that she used on the card that inspired this one. (Thanks, Kathy!) I do like these colors together, I will have to try to use them with some stamps and use some more of the flowers on another card soon. I hope I get to stamp again soon, but the weeknights are always so hard. Sigh.

Well, take care everyone and have a great night/day. It's time for AI, and admit to being a fan, a latecomer fan though as I've only really gotten into it in the last couple of years. It's just fun to watch and I love music. I even enjoy going to some local karaoke contests sometimes. (Only as a spectator of course!!) Yeah, that probably makes me a geek but I'm ok with that. LOL This week is Dolly Parton week and I'm having a hard time imagining some of them singing her songs, so it should be interesting! If you watch, let me know who your favorites are. Mine keep changing!

Talk to you again soon.

2 comments:

kjo13 said...

WOW - knock my socks off! I was so surprised to see my name 'up there' and i was waaayyy lovin the card but i kept thinking what's it got to do with me??? maybe she meant another Kathy like from your club or something, and then i saw picture of my card. WOW did you ever do a great job of casing it. Love the flowers, still haven't used mine:( and it was always one of the favorite ones i've done. I don't even know if i have a pic so i'm copying both and putting in my card folder. And then i am going to copy/case your/our card!

Thanks Amy - You just made my nite a little brighter..

i will try to email you more after AI. Dang, my pretty boy is not doing too good.

Sorry you had a bad day. Hope today was better.

Hugs

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, no stamp, cards, from both of you!

Hope you had a better day today!

Lisa