April 24, 2008

Some stamping....finally!

Well....it's not as good as I'd like it to be. Speaking of my health and of my pictures I have to post tonight. But they are both an improvement at least!

I got worse Monday night after I posted and have barely touched my camera. I didn't go to work on Tuesday and still wasn't feeling good at all on Wednesday but had to go in anyway. And I had made plans for last night, took my coworkers out for pizza, which was great but I came home and was exhausted and didn't DO anything the rest of the evening. Thankfully I am feeling much better today, still coughing quite a bit, but not nearly as much as before.

My husband has played with the camera and read some of the manual and I just took it and put it on "auto" and snapped some pictures tonight of my cards. The light wasn't the best as it's dark and gloomy outside tonight, and I think I need to "practice" a lot more with the camera (and come up with a better system for a "backdrop", but at least I got some pics taken and downloaded so that I can share 3 of the 4 latest cards I made. The best of the 4 just didn't get photographed well, so I will re-do that one tomorrow or Saturday and post it later. For some reason, the best pics I could get tonight were if I held the card in my hand to shoot it. Not the best way to do it, I know, but it seemed to work better than anything else tonight.

I don't know, the pics seem a little "blurry" to me, just not really in focus, but I am so NOT good at photography - AT ALL, and I guess I just need some lessons or something to get any better with it. And as fairly inexpensive as the camera I bought was, it has alot of features and settings that I just am scared to even try!!!

But without further ado....I'll get to what you all come here to see (yes I do realize you don't come to hear all my babbling nonsense, even though knowing it doesn't keep me from babbling all the more!)....some cards!


The first two are made using the heart from the Always (SU) set. And I used some of my Afternoon Tea designer paper. Loved these colors (Certainly Celery, Groovy Guava & Chocolate Chip) together. I embossed the heart with copper embossing powder and then used a sponge dauber to rub Certainly Celery ink onto the white cardstock. I also stamped the heart onto the Guava card stock and then layered the embossed cut out heart on top of it, leaving the dotted outline to "frame" it. I used some 5/8" Chocolate Grosgrain ribbon, and used scalloped scissors to edge the Choc. card stock layer. The words are rub-ons from the SU SAB set.


The second card is basically the same except I used Groovy Guava ink to fill in the heart and I messed up the last letter of the sentiment, and tried to "fix" it by filling the "u" in with a Chocolate Chip marker. Didn't work so good! :-(
The third card is using the SU set One of a Kind. The background is a floral stamp from the set Boho Backgrounds. I used Soft Sky and Blue Bayou card stock. I stamped the Flower three times onto white cardstock, using fluid chalk ink (because it stamped a deeper color than the classic brown ink), and I stamped it two additional times onto scrap white cardstock. I colored the flowers in with ink and an aquapainter. I cut out and layered with foam tape on the middle flower. I stamped the three-flower image onto white cardstock with Blue Bayou ink and punched out the one flower with the Boho Blossoms triple flower punch. I put silver brads in the center of those and also attached them with foam tape in the center of the right and left flowers. In the top layer of the middle flower I placed a flower brad from the new Hodgepodge Styled Silver hardware set. The ribbon slide is also from that set. (thanks Kathy for sharing so generously with me!). The ribbon is the Chocolate Chip twill from the Occassions mini catalog.
Please let me know if you have any questions about my cards or how I did something. Also please share any photography tips with me that you might have! I need all the help I can get!!!
One or two of you may be surprised to see one of these cards in your mailbox sometime soon. I just couldn't wait any longer to post them after being so long since my last stamping post, so I couldnt' wait till they were sent out and received. Sorry.

I'm hoping to get A LOT of stamping done this weekend and work out some projects for my upcoming workshop. I will be back soon, I promise! Thanks for reading today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like that heart card Amy. I have seen another card using it so I have been eyeing it up for a little while now. My favorite one is the one with Guava ink in the middle of the heart.
Hope you get your camera adjusted so it's not such a bummer for you. :)