April 21, 2008

On My Way Back....

Hello everyone....

I hope I haven't lost the few followers I had. I am very sorry for the long absence from blogging. I knew it had been a while but it's actually even longer than I had thought. Several things have kept me away. First of all my camera died, right after I made some really great cards that I've been dying to share. I tried to use my scanner but couldn't get that to work properly either.

Then I had a week of meetings and obligations with no time for computering or stamping. And then I got sick. It started out the weekend before last. Just a sore throat. Then the sniffles. Then stuffy, clogged head. And aches all over. Then the worst happened. A cough started. At that point I knew I was in trouble. Because when I get a cough, it takes me *forever* to get rid of it. And I get it BAD. Ughhh. I missed a day and a half of work last week, and had to miss an important meeting. I managed to stay all day on Friday but it was tough and I don't think I really accomplished all that much.

Saturday I was still feeling pretty yucky but able to get out of the house and do a few things. Saturday night I hardly slept and woke up with a throbbing head from coughing all night. Had to go to church because we were signed up to do something, had a couple rough spots there with the coughing. Felt a bit better yesterday afternoon but then started coughing again in the evening and was so tired and my head hurt so bad I didn't think I'd sleep again, but I ended up sleeping pretty good. Made it to work this morning but as soon as I got there I started feeling worse again. Like it was starting all over. Runny nose, stuffy head (which had gotten alot better). Then I got a call from my Dr.'s office and found out I had strep. They had done a culture when I was there on Friday morning and it was negative but they still wanted it tested at the lab. And that test came back positive today. So now I'm on antibiotics. And now my throat hurts again. Go figure. It hadn't hurt since Tuesday...till I heard I had strep. Everyone at work is now giving me a hard time about contaminating the place. Ughhhh.

I just get so wore out from coughing so hard and so much. I've had NO interest in stamping for a couple weeks now. And I'm not liking that. I sure hope I get back to normal soon so I can get my stamping "mojo" back!!! But I do have some good news....when I went to pick up my antibiotics at Walmart tonight, I was able to get my new camera. I had picked one out on Saturday but they were out of stock, so while I was there tonight I checked and they had one so I got it. I got a Canon Power Shot A590IS. It's supposedly a newer model and it seemed to fit my needs. And just to let you know how out-dated my old camera was....this new one is 8.0 Megapixels....7.0 seemed to be average in the amateur level cameras....and my old one was....2.0!!!!! LOL I had no idea it was that bad. I just never paid any attention because I knew I couldn't afford a new one, until I didn't have any, then of course I figured out a way to get one. LOL So I'm sure I will notice a BIG difference in the pictures this one takes. IF I can ever figure out how to use the thing. It looks way more complicated than the old one. Or at least has more features.

But after the coughing spell I had on the way home from the store (almost caused an accident), my head is KILLING me and I'm going to lay down, maybe even go to bed. So tomorrow after work, I will have charged batteries, and hopefully a better head, so I will try out my new camera on those cards I made a couple weeks ago and hopefully be able to post pics of them tomorrow night. If I still have any readers to see them. I really am sorry I've neglected this blog. And Kathy if you are reading this, I KNOW I am way overdue with an email to you and it will be coming SOON, I promise. I'm probably behind on other emails and stuff too. I'm so behind on EVERYTHING! I never did get my basement stamping room rearranged and organized and now I have a workshop coming up soon to prepare for. I'm getting stressed out just thinking about it all. I'm off to take my drugs and go to bed and try not to think about it till I can do something about it all!!!

And it was a GORGEOUS day out here today, finally. The weekend was pretty nice too but today was awesome. It was so hot in our office building, I think the air system was still on winter mode. I so wanted to go for a walk tonight but just didn't get a chance to or feel up to it. Maybe tomorrow. I can hope to feel well enough for that at least!

Thanks for not giving up on me! (I'm assuming that if you've come back to read this you haven't given up on my totally!) ;-)

Stay tuned for some stamping posts real soon! Take care everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your feeling better Amy. Sometimes you have to "just be sick".

Looking forward to seeing what you have been working on.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hey, Welcome back, can't wait to see more cards and projects now that you have a new camera. You didn't lose me, your still in my favorites :)

Anonymous said...

Amy...FEEL BETTER SOON! :) Also, sorry I haven't e-mailed back yet, I didn't forget. Life has been really crazy here for almost 2 weeks now...and now Caitlin is sick with what sounds just like what you had :( I'll get to the e-mail soon, I promise. Although, it sounds like you were too busy to notice anyway :) Get well! Talk to you soon!