March 21, 2008

Farewell to A Good Egg....


..at least for this year anyway!

So here are the last things I made using the set A Good Egg. The basket I've made before, and our group did it at one of our workshops last year, it is super simple. I just thought it would be cute with the chickie, so I made another.



Then I made a "peek-a-boo box"...which made up pretty simple and is cute...when you open the top flap you see the candy that is inside. The only thing I didn't like about it is that when it's closed you can see in the sides because the top doesn't meet the sides. Don't know if you can see it in the pictures or not. Hmmm...I was looking for the tutorial for this one and can't find it....but then I found one for the other project and saw that it's also called a peek-a-boo treat holder! I think they were both called the same thing. Sorry I can't find the blog where I found the little square box with the "window" inside. If I come across it, I'll post a link later.

The other peek-a-boo project was also easy to make but is kind of impractical to make for one little piece of candy.I think it does look really cute though. Here is a link to Beate's tutorial for her Peek-A-Boo Treat Holder on Splitcoast.


I hope you've enjoyed seeing all the fun things I've made with this set as much as I have enjoyed making them. I really need to learn to start making holiday items much further in advance! I did manage to get *some* easter cards made and mailed but not nearly as many as I had wanted to, and they weren't as nice as I had planned. Oh well.
The weekend is going to be busy with the kids and getting stuff made for Easter breakfast at church and easter dinner. I do need to try to make at least one birthday card and gift that is already late. Ughhh. I'm already dreading next week as I have meetings on Monday and Tuesday evenings so it looks like it will be Wednesday before I get to stamp again. I have several new stamp sets that haven't seen ink yet. Grrr! But hopefully soon I will have new creations to blog about that aren't for Easter!
I hope you are all having a happy and blessed Easter weekend. Take care everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooooo...we will have to make a peek-a-boo treat holder for a group project!