March 29, 2008

I am SO glad....

.....that this week is over!!!! Or should it be I am so glad that last week is over? Hmmmmm. Anyway, I'm glad it's the weekend and while I have a million things I could be doing and probably at least a half a million things I *SHOULD* be doing, I'm taking it easy!!!

It was just a rough week, and yet it seemed to fly right by, probably because I was so busy. I had two very late nights at work Monday and Tuesday and then Wednesday I had to go shopping since we were out of bread, milk, etc. etc. and also had to deal with "brother issues" - for those of you that know what we are going through with my brother, you will understand - for those of you that don't know, trust me when I say you don't *want* to know. ;-) And I also owed my stampin' sis a long overdue phone call so that was a busy, late night. Then on Thursday I wasn't feeling very good and remembered I needed to get a prescription refilled - sure wish I had remembered that on Wed when I was at WalMart, but that would have been too easy ya know! LOL

Oh, but on Thursday I did actually make a meal by myself, well no - actually Joe helped me a bit which was really nice (and really shocking!), but it was a recipe I found on allrecipes.com for Chicken Cordon Blue and it was very very YUMMY if I do say so myself. (Joe said so too!) It was a bit tricky trying to thin down the chicken breast and getting it all rolled up but other than that it was super easy and extremely delicious. After we were done eating I wished I had taken a picture of it, it looked so nice! (Ok, I think that's a sign that I've now become a true blogger, wanting to take pics of my food to share with you all!) ;-)

Friday night I actually got to stamp with some friends for a while, and that was a lot of fun. I started a project for a birthday present and it's already late so I really need to go finish it sometime today! But after my friends left I got caught up in the Dateline special last night on the two families that had daughters involved in a car accident, one daughter died and the other was in a coma for several days and it ended up that the girl in the coma was really the girl they thought had died. Wow, for some reason that story really got to me and made me cry for those people and all that they went with, but it was also very inspiring because they all had such powerful Faith and never got bitter or angry and just handled it all so well. The family who thought their daughter was in a coma and recovering were from the Grand Rapids, Michigan area so it was also kind of "close to home". They all wrote a book together and I hope to read it someday. Quite the story.

Ok, I know it's been *forever* since I posted anything stamping related, and I do have something *new* to show you, even though I made it a couple weeks ago. I think I made it the day after our trip to Green Bay & Appleton, but then never got around to posting it. I loved the card as I was making it and then didn't like it much after it was done, but looking at it again much later I really like it again! I just wish I had used a darker ink color for the bird, it kind of gets "washed out" in a way. Although it does look much better in person than in this picture.


This was my first time using the textured card stock from Stampin' Up. I love it! I just wish it was available in single color packages. It's very rich looking and I love the texture. I also used the SU set Always, and a flower rub-on from the Sale-A-Bration set. I applied that to a large celery green flower-shaped brad that I received from my sister (Thanks, Kathy!), loved the brad but it needed "something" and the chocolate brown rub on really made it stand out, don't you agree? I used the SU Photo Corners punch and pierced some holes in those, as well as did some paper piercing right on the card base in the two opposing corners. And then I used a self adhesive felt flower border that I purchased from Archivers in Appleton. I forgot to right down the company that makes it, but I will edit with that information later if I remember. It was so cute and not too terribly expensive. I was surprised though after I applied it, because it was a much deeper pink color before I took the thick white paper backing off, so once it was on the card it looked a lot lighter. But it still looks good, right?

The other thing I would have changed if I could was the placement of the bird...it looked centered fine until I put the photo corners on and now it looks like his head is too close to the top right corner. I think it's just the shape of the bird that makes it appear that way. It's not that bad, but in hindsight I would have put him a little more down to the bottom left. The card stock colors are Lavendar Lace (textured), Chocolate Chip and Certainly Celery.

I hope to have something NEW to post later tonight or tomorrow, but first I have to finish the birthday project and card and won't be able to post those until they are received as the birthday girl's mom might be checking out my blog. But I'm hoping to get time to make something else that I can post. Cross your fingers for me! ;-)

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend. I love the sunshine but hope it warms up enough to melt some more of this nasty dirty snow. Ughhh! Take care everyone!

2 comments:

kjo13 said...

Helllloo!

What a darling card. Just LOVE it! i think all the colors go great together and I really love the corners, and the brad was 'perfect'! Love the rub-on on it!

Lucky for you to get to stamp with friends! I'm sure i'd do lots better if our stamping group was still together...

Had a bad day yesterday, but now i'm getting ready to pick up Brooke. We have a 'date' planned. she has some best buy shopping money, dinner at big boys and then a movie at the cheap flicks! and maybe if theres time i can do a quick run-thru Michaels which is next door to Best Buy...WINK-wink!!!

Glad you're taking it easy. BTW I saw that show about the 1 girls too, 1/2 of it, and it was incredibly sad. Can't imagine.

Later, gator! Happy Stamping!

خدمات منزلية said...

شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
شركة تنظيف بالدمام
شركة تنظيف بالقطيف