March 15, 2008

Fuzzy Peeps

Hello again everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful Saturday. I did! Of course I slept in after being up so late last night (morning) but then I was busy and got a lot of stuff done plus some stamping. Yay! I managed to get one very time-consumping project done which I will be sharing tomorrow. It took a lot longer to make than I thought it would, but I enjoyed every minute and so it was worth it. After the week I had, I needed some "stamping therapy"! ;-)
But for now I'm sharing the card I made last night. I CASED it from splitcoast - here is a link to the card that inspired me. I of course added the fuzzy-ness with some fun flock (thanks Lisa for giving me that idea) that I picked up at Archivers on my anniversary trip to Green Bay. That stuff is SO fun to play with! Everything on my desk was fuzzy after I got done but it was fun!
I like the colors against the Close to Cocoa card base, but I wish I had spaced out the panels better. And I forgot to omit the chickie's feet so it now shows through the taffeta ribbon, but other than that I think this card turned out pretty cute. Hope you like it!
Everything I used was SU! other than the fun flock. The stamps are from the A Good Egg set and cardstock and ink colors are Close To Cocoa, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Barely Banana and Pretty in Pink. I used a Pumpkin Pie marker for the beak and went over the eyes with the black journaler so they showed up better after the flocking. I stamped the egg shell six times and added the dots to two with each color, cut them out and paper-pieced them, using dimensionals to pop up the top egg shell. I tied Bashful Blue Taffeta Ribbon around the card and added the "you crack me up" sentiment which I punched out using the SU Word Window punch, and then layered onto a small rectangle of Pretty in Pink.

Please note that I finally figured out how to add an email subscription service here. I can only get it to post at the bottom of the page though, but if you scroll all the way down to the end of the current page you will see it. All you have to do is put in your email address and it will send you an email every time I make a new post. I will warn you though, I subscribe to several blogs and the email notices sometimes can take a day or two to get to you after a post is made. But I don't know of a better service at this point.

I have one more thing to share tonight. Here is a picture of the anniversary card I made my husband last week. I used the Papertrey set Out on a Limb. Card stock is all SU - Mellow Moss, Close to Cocoa, Brocade Blue. I think the blue is a little bright, after the fact I wished I had used Bordering Blue. I used some SU Twill that I've had forever and only used a couple times. I stamped on it with Chocolate Chip ink, but it didn't turn out the clearest. I used a couple decorative brads I've had in my stash for some time and I think they came from my sister so I'm sorry I don't know where they came from.
I love that sentiment, and there are several other great ones in that set also. I used a SU square punch but can't remember the size. I popped the squares up on dimensionals. I also used the SU Tag Corner rounder. This stamp set is a good one for doing masculine cards, but they still are hard for me to do! Joe seemed to love it though so that's all that matters. Oh, I also used the "berry stem" stamp from the SU set Always on the bottom Mellow Moss panel.
Thanks for stopping by! Tomorrow I will hopefully be able to share the project I made today with you all. I have several projects I want to get done tomorrow as well, hopefully I'll get some more time to stamp after church. But for now I'm off to watch a movie with Skyler - Joe is of course snoozing in his recliner! ;-) Good night!
ETA: Some of my spacing got out of whack and it isn't letting me fix it, sorry. I know its hard to read with some of the blank lines missing, but for some reason it won't let me put them back in. Sorry!

3 comments:

kjo13 said...

Wow! You've been a very busy gal! Luv, luv both the cards. Those eggs/chicks are so cute..and I love the color blocking with it!

And the one you did for Joe is awesome. Love it. And that brad is gorgeous!

Hope your movie is good. I need to watch Lost. I have the last 3 weeks taped and need to catch up soon or...you know how it goes!

Hugs to ya!

P.S. Us 'trolls' so did not get snow flurries today! Beautiful sunny day. yesterday was in the
50's, not sure about today but was sunny.

Anonymous said...

oh great...now I have to get Out on a limb too! Thanks Amy! Really nice card for Joe, I think it's a great man-card!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic as always Amy! Love the flock, it is addicting...used white flock for the sheep and black and white for the skunk when using the "Pun Fun" set...

The card for Joe is perfect, it is hard to do a masculine card but you nailed it.

Lisa