March 17, 2008

Saturdays' Project

Hello again. Sorry for not getting a post done yesterday. Things came up. Grrrr. I did finish up a couple other small projects but then never got a chance to type up a post. But I'm here now. I'm so tired tonight, I went and got my hair "done" (colored and chopped) right after work, didn't get home till about 7:30 then ate pizza and cinnamon wheel from Papa Murphy's and got STUFFED....so now all I wanna do is sleep. Joe was not feeling well and sounds like he's coming down with a cold, so I'm hoping I don't get it too.

But anyway, this is what I worked on for HOURS on Saturday! I enjoyed every minute of the time I worked on it, it was very fun, but I would never make very many of these I don't think! Although now that I have it kind of "figured out" making more probably wouldnt' take as long. I saw this idea on a blog somewhere a couple weeks ago and I've tried to find it again to give credit to the person who had posted it but I can't find it again. Sorry. I just had to make one and would have done it sooner if I wouldn't have kept forgetting to save an egg carton!! LOL

I just measured and cut and re cut the paper to get the right size to cover all the parts of the carton. I also used a large corner rounder on all the pieces to kind of fit the egg carton shape better. I wouldn't have covered the sides and stuff but there was a lot of writing that had to be covered up. I wish I could have used some SU Designer Paper but I didn't have anything in colors that would have matched the color of the carton. So I was digging through all my scrapbooking patterned paper (most of which I've had for several years) and found a bunch that my sister Kathy had given me back when I was scrapping - I think it came in a kit or something because there like several colors in several patterns, and it worked good for coordinating it all together. And the colors were perfect for what I was doing. I still find myself being hesitant to cut up 12X12 paper to use for this stuff - even though I'll probably never get back to scrapping and even if I do I could never use all the paper I have in a million years!! ;-)

Let's see...I of course used the SU A Good Egg set again, and used the fun flock on the chickies. I used Tombow Mono Adhesive liquid glue to adhere the paper onto the carton. I also used my new SU Boho Blossoms Punch for all the punched out flowers. I used some self adhesive rhinestones (bling) which has quickly become my favorite embellishment! Love those things! I glued some of the punched flowers into the bottome of the egg sections so that it would look pretty even after it's empty. I used SU Pretty in Pink Taffeta ribbon and just tied it between the two holes on the closure flap of the carton. I'm not sure what else to say about it, but if you have any questions about what I did, just let me know. Here's a couple ideas of what to fill it with....

I had more plastic eggs but the rest I had were colors that didn't look good in my carton. When we went out to dinner on Saturday night we stopped at four stores to try to get some Cadbury eggs to put in the other spots but I couldnt' find them anywhere. (I didn't go to Walmart, just couldn't face that store that night.) But when I saw this on a blog they had put some plastic eggs in some spots and some Cadbury eggs in some. You could put little toys or gifts in some eggs, candy in some, money in a couple, or movie certificates, etc. Lots of ideas!

Then I found these cute little egg candles that I was given as a gift last year and hadn't burned. I think they are just too cute to burn up! I thought they looked super cute in the carton and the colors were perfect, so it would be cute to find something like that to put in a carton if giving to your mom or a friend. And for kids I saw some egg-shaped sidewalk chalk at the store that would be a cute idea too. Endless possibilities....

So, I hope you like my egg carton project. I hope you can see from my posts the many different things you can do with one set of stamps. Cards, gift ideas, packaging, etc. I have one more post with a couple small easter projects to post tomorrow or the next day and then I think I'll be done with A Good Egg. I still have to make Easter cards with the PaperTrey Everday Blessings set, if I don't get them done tomorrow they will probably be late. Just never seems to be enough time....grrrrrrrrrrr!

Take care everyone and have a great week. Thanks so much for coming to my blog!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, cute idea Amy! I have these eggs that are real blown out eggs and then hand painted on them. I have always kept them in a egg carton for storing but never thought to decorate the carton too!!

Anonymous said...

Too cute! I love the egg candles too, they are perfect! Nice work Amy!