March 8, 2008

More Workshop Projects

Happy Weekend to you all! My plan was to get up early and stamp all day today! So far, I haven't made it down there yet, but I WILL, even if not for as long as I'd like. I have lots of new rubber to play with! And a L-O-N-G list of projects I need to do. Sometimes I just feel like time and other things conspire against me ever doing what I want in the stamping department of my life. But I certainly know I'm not alone in that!

I have a couple of new things I did this past week, that I can't share yet for reasons such as: a) I haven't photographed them yet (and am thinking this morning will be a great time to try doing them during sunshine hours); b) one of them I can't share yet till it reaches it's destination (Battle Creek, MI) ;-) and c) I wanted to share the other two projects that my awesome group members did at last weekend's workshop first. So here those are......


This is a little Triangle Tri-Fold card that we did. It uses one of the Sale-A-Bration sets from Stampin' Up! that you get free with any order of $50 or more. This one is Friendship Blooms. You can click on on the link above and it will take you to a tutorial by the amazing Beate Johns on Splitcoaststampers.com. It's actually pretty easy to do, with a little trial and error. ;-)

We used Chocolate Chip and Groovy Guava (and Very Vanilla) card stock and Chocolate and Guava ink. It also uses the new Chocolate Chip poly-twill ribbon from the Occassions Mini Catalog. It's a very nice ribbon, easy to tie - however the ends do seem to want to fray a bit, and since on this card it will be tied and untied it might be a good idea to get some Fray-Check for the ends. I think we could use the SU Crystal Effects for that as well. I took a picture of it open, you can't really get the effect of it, but if you go to the tutorial link, the pics there are of course much better than mine!

The other project is called a "Treat-a-Lope" and it was designed by Lisa
Johnson, I came across it on her blog, and if you click on her name it *should* take you to her blog post about this. I hope I'm not doing anything wrong by posting these ideas from other stampers, but I totally give them credit and am even sending you to the sites where I found them, so I should be ok. Now you all will know for sure that I don't have original ides of my own, I'm just good at "copying"! ;-) I like to tell myself that I *could* come up with more of my own ideas if I had more time. Not sure if that's the truth, but I'm sticking to it anyway! LOL

So this little treat pouch is created from an SU Whisper White envelope (the medium size which actually fits the standard quarter-fold cards). It is scored and folded up on the bottom and then has brads holding the ribbon "handle" in place and creating a "flap" so that you can fill it with any goodies you can fit in it. It was really hard to get this to show up good in a picture, but I hope those of you that haven't seen it in person can get a good idea of what it would look like.

We used another Sale-A-Bration
set - So Many Scallops - on this set. The flower stamps were punched out using the SU! Scallop Circle Punch - all the stamps in that set can be used with that punch. The flowers are in Bashful Blue And Almost Amethyst ink, and I also inked up the flower twice more with Mellow Moss, then punched out the center using a circle punch to give the flowers more dimension. The flower "stems" are just narrow strips of Mellow Moss cardstock and the ribbon tied around the bottom is Mellow Moss 1/4" Grosgrain, and is supposed to look like it is tieing the flowers together. And the dotted background actually uses a stamp from the set called "Boho Backgrounds". The handle is Bashful Blue Taffeta Ribbon. It's kinda cute isn't it? Would be fun to leave on a friend's door knob just as a special little surpise.

Ok, that's it for today. I have my sweet friend Daisy here with me today, and we are off to the basement to stamp! Not sure how much Daisy will stamp (see previous post) but she will be good company for me. She leaves us tomorrow evening and I'm dreading it already! :-(

Hope you are all having a great weekend and for you stampers....I challenge you to go put some ink on some rubber today!!

Take care everyone!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck stamping! Hope you get lots done! I never seem to get time to make pretty things and I really need to make a point to. Give Daisy smooches good-bye and hope you enjoy your last day with her :) Talk to you later! Oh! Don't forget to change your clocks!