March 9, 2008

Sweet Treats and Missing Daisy

Hi everyone. Hope you all had a wonderful Sunday. Mine was good, but it has ended on a bit of a sad note, as Daisy's parents just came to pick her up. She was SO excited to see them. I was SO sad to see her go. She really was a joy to have around. :-(
I had fun working on a project today though. Yesterday I made a card, A card...ONE card....and that was it! It was a very time-consuming card though, and it is a very nice card and for a very special person & event. It's for my husband as tomorrow is our first wedding anniversary. I can't share the card for a few days yet though, sorry, but I will as soon as I can. It turned out pretty good I think, and masculine cards are not easy for me.
Today I worked on these awesome little "cupcake picks"! Aren't they just the cutest things?! They were easy and FUN to make and decorating the cupcakes wa fun too! Joe just came and asked me if I was done taking pictures of them so he could eat some! ;-) I had a hard time telling him it was ok, because they are too cute to eat in my opinion, but at least the picks can be re-used.
I've seen these on other blogs in the past, but have never done them, and I thought the scallop punch would be perfect for them. I started out making just Easter ones, then wanted to show that they could be done for birthdays, or as a thank-you gift, or just for fun.

Cupcakes seem to be all the 'rage' lately, don't they? I must say I really enjoyed making these. I need to get some better frosting bags and tips to do the swirly frosting technique, but I had fun with it. I'm a bit disappointed that the cute cupcake papers that I bought don't show up because of having chococolate cake in them. They are such pretty spring colors and have cute flowers on them too. Oh well.





I used all SU stamps from A Good Egg, So Many Scallops,Unfrogettable, and Big Flowers. I added some glitter on some of them, and did paper piercing on the egg shells on a couple. I just had fun with it and kept it to the spring colors to match my cupcake decorations. But you could use any color scheme or theme that you want. I used sticky strip to assemble the picks....I put a piece down on the back of the front scallop, then the toothpick over that, then another small piece of sticky strip on top of the toothpack and put the back scallop piece over that. It's pretty simple, but if you have any questions about anything, feel free to contact me.
Darn it! I forgot to take a picture of the backs of the cupcakes! I did different things with the backs...on the Chick ones I used the flower background that comes with that set, some I just stamped the same as front only in a single color, and on some I used a flower stamp from the Big Flowers set. Here is a picture of just the back side of the picks.

And here is one last picture (sorry there are a lot of pictures this time, but they turned out pretty good at least!) of all of them together. Hope you like them and get a chance to try some of your own. They are fun to do with kids too! Would be great for birthday parties!

I do have another new thing to show you but it will have to wait till Tuesday...I am off work tomorrow and Joe and I are headed for a day trip to Green Bay to celebrate our anniversary. He gets a great steak dinner at his fave steakhouse (Texas Roadhouse) and I get to do some shopping. Not much, as I don't have much money to spend, but I haven't been to any of the stamping/scrapbooking/craft stores in AGES! I will hopefully be back with another post on Tuesday.

I also wanted to do my Sunday Contemplations tonight, to share something spiritual, but I'm just too tired so it will have to wait. It's been a long day. Went to church, did some shoppping, stamped all those cupcake picks, made and decorated the cupcakes, had my brother over for dinner, did a ton of dishes, a load of laundry, paid some bills, did some SU business duties, spent my last minutes playing with Daisy (have I mentioned how much I miss her already?), visited with Daisy's parents when they came to pick her up, and just took over an hour to write this post! So I'm off to bed to rest up for the trip tomorrow. Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am loving these cupcakes. I am going to make some for Amanda's friends at school. And, I'm really excited because I have all the sets you used!!!

Nice work Amy, and happy anniversary.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

oh YUM! Sooo cute...did you really stand all those bunny sprinkles up on that one cupcake?!?! Wow! They are so precious it almost makes me want to bake, and I don't bake. Hope you have a great anniversary and enjoy your day trip with Joe...we all need those now and then!!
Bye!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I really like these!! Making me hungry for some sweets too!