March 5, 2008

Introducing Daisy and an Easter Card

I'd like you all to meet Daisy. I am in LUV with her!!! Isn't she just the sweetest thing? Look at that face! And those brown eyes! I wish I was going to tell you that she is part of our family now, but sadly she is not. We are "dog-sitting" for our friends Mark and Renae. Thru Sunday. Then we have to give her back! Insert sad face here.

I've never really cared for dogs. I don't necessarily have anything against them, just have never really had the need to have one. I think they are messy. But I like little dogs well enough. I had a tiny white pekinese/poodle when I was a teenager that I adored. Then years later Joe moved in with a dog, alot like mine from my childhood, and I grew to love her. But when she was gone I swore we'd never have another dog again. Now, I'm not so sure. But it won't be any time soon - for two reasons: 1) My mom lives with us and would hate for us to have a dog (even though she's tolerating Daisy quite well this week); and 2) we really can't afford one right now.



But, we are sure enjoying being temporary dog parents and are becoming quite attached to sweet Miss Daisy. She's a joy! Seriously! Extremely well-behaved, playful, affectionate, sweet, low-maintenance. A dream dog. If we could go the store and say "we'll take a dog just like this one", or if we could clone her, I don't think I could resist! But fortunately, or unfortunately, we can't do that. I admit to being a bit nervous about this duty, I was afraid Daisy wouldn't take to us or would miss her real parents too much and be upset the whole time they were gone, but she has been so good! I will definitely miss her when she's gone!

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled stamping blog. Sorry I haven't been posting more often, it takes a lot longer than you'd think it would. I had my Stampin' Up! group workshop on Sunday and was busy preparing for that. Then Monday night was one of those nights that I had "plans" to do so much, and ended up doing nothing. Last night I made a quick project that I will be sharing later this week. I have a long list of cards and projects to make and new stamps to use that I just can't seem to get to! :-(



We made this Easter card at our workshop on Sunday. It's using the SU set " A Good Egg". It's a pretty basic card other than the egg is stamped on card stock and cut out, then cut in half and the top half is attached to the main image with a brad so you can "open and close" the egg to see the little chick inside. When the egg is "open" you can also read the stamped words "you crack me up". How cute is that??? I can't take credit for the original idea, it was "CASED" as usual. I'd give credit if I knew the original designer but I've seen several versions of it on http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ .

Again, I apologize for the poor quality of these pictures. I need to work on my photography, but it's just not something I'm good at or have patience for. I have to figure something out though. I don't know why everything looks so blurry.
I know my blog and my pictures need a lot of work, and I will get better, I promise, it will just take me time. In the meantime thank you for your patience and for continuing to come here. Please leave me a comment to let me know you were here. I have no other way of knowing if people are seeing it or not.


I'll leave you with one more picture of cute Daisy. I forgot to mention that she is a "Pom-a- Poo" - a mixture of pomeranian and poodle. And totally adorable!




Have a great day and pray for spring to come soon!! :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daisy is soooo cute!!! When I was there, she gave me the cutest look and I almost shoved her in my bag when I left! But I'm on the same page for a dog...too messy and too expensive. Cute card too, I loved making it :) See you soon!

kjo13 said...

Oh, man-o-man...that dog is waaaayy too cute! I want her. And i love her name.

I'm so jealous of the poster before me. She got to see the dog IRL and made that mighty cute card. Luv the way the egg opens up with the brad. AND, I'M your SISTER???!!!! What's up with that, anyway?!! LOL.

I bet Miss Daisy doesn't weigh much and I'm sure I could afford to have you overnite her to me...!

Anonymous said...

I just loved that little dog!! I'm glad you didn't have one to sell or I would have bought it and I don't need another dog!! She was so well behaved too.
We sure enjoy the projects you have for us too Amy!